sábado, 19 de outubro de 2013

Return

My last post was on the 23rd of September, which makes this one of the longest periods of literary drought since the very beginning of this blog, back in early 2009. Oddly enough, it was also probably one of the periods of my life in which I wrote more. Unfortunately, I did not find my master thesis to be interesting enough to publish in here.

Last Tuesday I went back to IST (my University) in order to fill some paper and wrap-up some formalities. I must say it was somewhat odd to return there after about three months of abstinence; after all I hadn't ever been away for much more than one month for the last five years. The construction work which were taking place at the secondary entrance for as long as I can remember were obviously over, in a classic mockery.

 Passing through ISR( Institute for Systems and Robotics ), my previous (research) workplace, was particularly odd. On my way up on the elevator I kept thinking whether or not to return my access card. I would get my deposit (5€) back, but it would mean losing something which already starts to feel like a pleasant souvenir.

"My" chair had someone else's coat over it. Still, my desk remained as clean and empty as the moment I left it, and as it never while I worked over there. I guess it probably doesn't miss me much.

Soon, I'll be returning to IST for my very last time as a student. In the meantime, hopefully I'll find the time to write from time to time.


Filipe Baptista de Morais

PS: in the end I forgot all about the key card, so I ended up not returning it without reaching any kind of conclusion. Guess it must mean something.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário