sábado, 12 de abril de 2014

Re-match

Two weeks ago I missed out on the Lisbon Marathon due to health issues. That raised to 5 (perhaps more?) the number of races I signed up for and then ended up not running, just in the last couple of months.

While the fees involved are not entirely neglectible, it is the mental stress that concerns me the most when something like this happens. In order to overcome this mental barrier, I've already signed up for five races, the first being this very night and the last one in early December.

None of them, however, is an actual full distance Marathon. With an even score in this dreaded competition (one completed and one dropout), I'm literally itching to prove myself capable of doing it again. And a third time, and every time I so damn please for that matter. Unfortunately, it seems like the next come coming around this western-most side of Europe is only due June. I'll be waiting.

Until then I'll keep collecting lower rank medals. Time goals, as of now, are pretty modest though. Only in the Lisbon Half-Marathon (December) will I actually even try to beat a personal record. Still, I don't consider myself defeated by my former self in any distance range. Be it 10Km, 21Km or 42Km, there will be a re-match. And then another and yet another after that, until I finally renew my time scores. What then? Well, records are meant to be broken. Re-Match.

(December 2013, forgotten in the draft sections until now)

Filipe Baptista de Morais

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário